If you feel led to join our church, it will be our joy to worship and serve with you. Obviously, joining a church doesn’t make you more acceptable to God, but it can have a positive impact on your growth and commitment in the same way that marriage impacts the commitment of a man and a woman to each other.
Becoming a Member:
- Confirms in that person’s mind that s/he belongs to a family of people who will mutually help in the process of spiritual development.
- Says to the leadership and the congregation that the person is in agreement with the beliefs and direction of the church. This makes it much easier to qualify teachers and leaders.
- Is a wonderful testimony to others, especially the youth, that commitment to a community and to ministry is a good thing.
- Allows you the privilege and responsibility to vote on key issues concerning NWBC.
The Steps to Membership
- Read the Statement of Faith and Church Bylaws.
- Complete the Membership Application, noting that you have read the aforementioned documents and are in agreement with them. The application can be found online or in the church lobby.
- Note: If you cannot agree with these documents, then membership at NWBC is possibly not appropriate for you at this time. We would love to talk to you if you have questions or would like further clarification.
- Within a few days of submitting your application, you will receive a call from an elder to set up an interview appointment that is designed for you and the elder to get better acquainted and to discuss any questions you might have regarding the church or the membership process.
- The elder you meet with will have the authority to approve you for membership.