We need your help!
A team from NWBC, led by James Raica will be traveling down to Rockport, TX this Thursday evening (returning Monday night) to provide relief and support to the residents in the surrounding communities that have been impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
This team will be partnering with a longtime family friend of the Raicas, the Meinhausens, to support the following objectives:
1) Get their restaurant back up and running so that it can be used to feed and nourish people in the community
2) Clear and rebuild storm damaged areas of the local mobile home park so that it can be used again to house people in the community
3) Bring the light and life of the gospel through the hands and feet of His body to encourage, comfort, and give hope to the people in the community
How can you help?
1) The team is in need of several more skilled laborers to join them on this trip. If you have electrical, construction, or plumbing training, and would like to join them, please reach out to James Raica.
2) The team is in need of tools and equipment to take down to Rockport to support them in their rebuilding efforts. The list of specific requests is below. If you would like to donate or lend any tools and equipment, you can drop those items off in Building C at the church today and tomorrow (Wednesday or Thursday) between 8:00 – 4:00pm
3) The team is in need of funding to purchase water, food, and necessities for the people in the nearby community. If you would like to support the team in this way, a gofundme has been set up as a means to accept donations. Donate here: https://www.gofundme.com/helprockport 100% of the proceeds to this fund will be donated to feeding the community of Rockport and its volunteers.
4) The team is in need of prayer. Over the next few days and through the weekend, please pray for courage, protection and His Holy Spirit to be accompanying these guys as they travel and work in Texas. If you would like to join us in corporate prayer for this team, please join us at 4pm on Thursday (tomorrow) at the church for a time of prayer before these guys hit the road.
Needed Supplies List
Batteries (AA & AAA)
Large cans of beans, corn, fruit and soup
Battery operated hand tools
2” and 3” deck screws w/star bit
Bottles waters/gallons of water
Note: If you are lending tools or equipment, please be sure to secure your contact information to the tool/equipment prior to drop-off